Tuesday 6 March 2018

Dividend Pipeline and Thoughts.

So where do we sit with dividends in the pipeline at the moment?

Looking ahead:

                                              xD               Paid
SSE @ 28.4p                       18 Jan         16 Mar
Berkeley Group @ 56.75p  01 Mar        23 Mar
RDS 'B' @ 47c                     15 Feb        26 Mar
Imperial Brands @ 59.51p  22 Feb        29 Mar
BP @ 10c                             15 Feb        29 Mar
Galliford Try @ 28p             15 Mar        06 Apr

All currently showing with a decent yield even if they aren't all significant enough holdings to be a big contributor to my portfolio. 
However, March looks like a good month for dividends (particularly from Berkeley Group), and I do see them all as contributors as they all help the aggregate yield of my portfolio.

I have started to question my current strategy though, which has been solidly in place since the credit crunch of 2008. 
Dividends have always seemed a nice source of real rewards and as such have always played their part in my overall investment strategy but it seems I haven't completely muted the siren call of fast, exciting gains, only suppressed it.

But, its noticeable that, with less holdings, there are now more months without the little excitement of a dividend coming in.

Is that the required discipline? 
It certainly has been, but I have felt that things may have stagnated a little in my portfolio with 2 years of minor falls before a return to a steady double digit gain in each of the last 2 years.
Painful as it was, it might be that turning over and cutting back on my portfolio to release funds for real-life projects turns out to be a blessing in disguise as it has brought new turnaround stories, and more dividends, as well as losing some of the perennial underperformers that hid in the darkest corners of my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment