Friday 14 October 2011

New Portfolio Updates page.

OK so some of you might already have noticed and stumbled on the new "page" entitled Portfolio updates which I originally set-up to provide a quicker link to the portfolio updates (surprising with a title like that!).
But I have also been playing around a bit with the Google finance functions and as a result have been experimenting with using it to illustrate "delayed prices" on the site.
Still very much experimental at this stage as I debate how best to take advantage of the functionality (if at all?).
At the moment the list is of portfolio holdings but I am thinking along the lines of showing a watchlist but we shall see. I also need to see what other data I can pull up that might be useful.
Also, a couple of oddities in the data as well such as the 52 week highs for Tesco and Vodaphone although with it being historic data I wonder if there is an exchange rate oddity with Google being American?
At this stage I am also unable to find a code for Invesco Perpetual so I am having to update that one manually.

Might be useful but let me know what you think or might suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment